As a business owner, one of your top priorities should include business succession planning, which ensures the stability of your company’s future. Goals vary from business owner to business owner, so at Maguire Financial Group we provide a customized business succession plan to attain your individual objectives.
Business succession services include:
- Creating long-term/short-term business plans
- Assisting in the development of a business infrastructure for growth
- Identifying ownership transfer objectives to: employees, family members, strategic and capital partners
- Developing an asset protection plan*
- Assuring your succession plans complement your estate plans
In addition, we will work with your attorney, CPA, and others in structuring transfers of all or a portion of a business to help minimize your tax burden.
*Asset protection plans should be developed and implemented well before problems arise. Due to the fraudulent transfer laws, asset transfers that occur close in proximity to the filing of a law suit or bankruptcy can be interpreted by the court as a fraudulent transfer. Proper structuring of these assets is imperative. Please seek proper legal and tax advice prior to engaging in re-titling/structuring of any assets. Please note that laws are subject to change and can have an impact on your asset protection strategy.